Genghis: Lords of the Bow (Conqueror, #2)Genghis: Lords of the Bow by Conn Iggulden
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Somehow not quite as good as the first in the series.  Here, Genghis invades China, eventually taking Beijing. There's a difficulty telling fact from fiction, certainly allowable, but I realize I wish there was more fact.  As an example of something that strained credulity, nobody hits an egg at 100 yards, or has a bow with 300yard range, do they?  Apparently, they did. Wow. Other mind boggling anecdotes probably were facts, too. As in Birth of an Empire, there's a little postscript distinguishing some areas of artistic license from actual history, but it was not thorough enough to satisfy.


Anyway, this book was fun fast and easy, and left me wondering what REALLY went down.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment